Cosmopolitans make me think of nights out in my twenties. The colour, the taste, even holding a martini glass, I loved it all! They were definitely my cocktail of choice in the early noughties.
Here’s my easy cocktail shaker Cosmo recipe for one, but it can be easily doubled up:
- A double shot of vodka
- A single shot of Cointreau
- A lime & an orange
- Double shot of cranberry juice
- Ice & a martini glass
- Fill your martini glass with ice.
- Cut the lime in half and squeeze the juice into the cocktail shaker.
- Add a double shot of vodka & a single shot of Cointreau to the shaker.
- Pour out a double shot of cranberry juice and add to the mix.
- Tip the ice out of the glass into the shaker.
- Cap the shaker and shake for 30 seconds.
- Holding a strainer over the shaker pour the cocktail into the glass.
- Peel a three inch piece of orange peel.
- Hold the peel over a lit match above the glass allowing the oil to drip into the drink.
- Stir and garnish with the peel.
Free Printable Cosmopolitan Recipe Card
You can download and save a free copy of my digital Cosmopolitan Recipe card here
I tested out and tweaked to find my favourite Cosmopolitan recipe originally to make cosmos with friends online at a virtual cocktail party. I’ve shared all about making your own DIY cocktail party kits here.
I love making cocktails and I have lots more recipes to share here’s my fav Mojito & A Citrus Gin Fizz.
Some more blog posts you might like…
Ideas and Printables for zoom activities for Kids – My children have loved keeping in touch with family and friends on video chats. We have tried lots of different games and quizzes. I have made some into printables you can download here.
Being a Lockdown Mum – Our Weird New Normal From the noise and mess to baking & phone obsession’s, here are the 10 things I’ve learned being a family in Lockdown
Kids rainy day activities for fun at home – here are our favourite boredom busters