When made right you can’t beat a mojito – I love them, but after some rubbish efforts making them with sugar that didn’t dissolve or ending up with a lot of green leaves in my mouth without the mint taste, I’ve been experimenting with some different recipes.
I think there’s two key parts – You need to muddle the mint to get enough flavour and syrup works far better than plain sugar.
Here’s my easy cocktail shaker Mojito recipe for one, but it can be easily doubled up:
How to Make a Mojito with Sugar Syrup
- A double shot of rum
- A single shot of sugar syrup
- 2 sprigs of mint
- Soda Water
- A lime
- Cut the lime into quarters. Set aside half and squeeze the juice from the remaining half into the shaker.
- Pull the mint leaves off the stalks and add those too.
- Pour in a single shot of sugar syrup.
- Using a muddler (Or end of a wooden spoon) Muddle all the ingredients together for a couple of minutes, until you can really smell the mint.
- Add a double shot of rum and a handful of ice.
- Cap the shaker and shake for 30 seconds.
- Open the shaker and pour the cocktail into a tall glass.
- Top with a splash of soda, stir and garnish with lime.
Free Printable Mojito Recipe Card
You can download and save a free copy of my digital Mojito Recipe card here
I tested out and tweaked to find my favourite Mojito recipe originally to make cosmos with friends online at a virtual cocktail party. I’ve shared all about it here.
I love making cocktails and I have lots more recipes to share here’s my fav Cosmopolitan & A Citrus Gin Fizz.
Some more blog posts you might like…
Ideas and Printables for zoom activities for Kids – My children have loved keeping in touch with family and friends on video chats. We have tried lots of different games and quizzes. I have made some into printables you can download here.
Being a Lockdown Mum – Our Weird New Normal From the noise and mess to baking & phone obsession’s, here are the 10 things I’ve learned being a family in Lockdown
Kids rainy day activities for fun at home – here are our favourite boredom busters